iHaveit Frequently Asked Questions
- What is iHaveit?
iHaveit provides a one-stop place just for music lovers to buy and sell vinyl records and CDs, but also includes a collectors and music valuing function
However, iHaveit is not a traditional trading Service, iHaveit is a platform that connects Music Collectors, Buyers and Sellers, but iHaveit does not have ownership or possession of anything listed, collected, or sold through the iHaveit Service, and iHaveit is not involved in the actual buying or selling of items between buyers and sellers. The contract for the buying and selling of anything on the iHaveit Service is directly between the buyer and seller on a buyers beware basis.
- Is there a cost to use iHaveit?
No, iHaveit is a Free to Use platform
- Is there a cost to buy items from the iHaveit?
No, there is no costs from iHaveit to buy items from iHaveit,
- Is there a cost to Sell items on iHaveit?
Yes, iHaveit charge the Seller a 6% sales commission fee for items sold via the platform
Additionally the Seller also pays any the banking payment processing charges associated to processing the sales transaction. we support Paypal and Stripe, The Bank will charge you their fees, for PayPal is it typically 3.4% of the combined item and delivery value plus an additional .20p (this is a estimate only and is different depending your your banking location and transaction volumes).
- Why does iHaveit need my Bank details?
iHaveit is like eBay. To enable iHaveit to pay you for items purchased from You iHaveit needs your correct profile location, currency and bank details to paid for sold items. The profile and payment section ensures your currency is correct when looking at the value of your collection and is also needed so people can pay your bank account directly and automatically for items you sell. It is secure like eBay and Amazon and is solely needed to ensure you are paid for items you sell.
- iHaveit have included European VAT within this above calculation.
This example is an indication of bank charges only as bank charges may alter between different banking payment gateways.
- When will I receive payment for the item I sold on iHaveit? The payment has not arrived.
The payment between the buyer and seller is processed via the PayPal or Stripe Payment Gateway immediate at time of sale confirmation, A email notification is sent to the Buyer and Seller at time of sale confirming this.
PayPal typically pays immediately however the Stripe payment gateway can take up to a week to process payments of purchased items, Stripe has fixed payment processes.
For further information You can also review the Stripe Payment Schedule
- I imported my inventory file into iHaveit but the items are not showing for sale, why?
For items to show as forsale in the 'I'm Selling' view you need to first add your Profile address and payment details. These are needed so iHaveit users know the country you are selling from and is required so the buyers can pay you for items they purchase from you. Add your profile and bank details (top right corner of iHaveit) and items will show for sale.
- How do I show the item in my local currency, it is in the wrong currency.
iHaveit automatically shows all items in your currency once you update your Profile and Payment details. These are required to know your local country and preferred currency view.
- How do add or charge or change the shipping delivery costs for my purchase?
Postage and delivery are separate and additional to the seller, solely agreed between the buyer and seller.
The Seller can add and update the shipping delivery charges from the My Collections page, just click the icon on a individual basis.
The delivery price can be controlled completely by the seller. The Seller can manually change the standard prices included within iHaveit when placing the item for sale.
However if no price is added for each item sold, iHaveit automatically includes a assumed delivery charge of circa $USD 2.65 for local deliveries and circa $USD 8.60 for international deliveries per item. This value is calculated based on international currency rate, so may vary based on exchange rate movements. The seller can change the price to zero or increase the price.
You can bulk add delivery prices by bulk uploading all of the items for sale and shipping details, refer below for How do I import my existing files. (bulk load process). refer to point 30 below 'import my collection', or you can manually change individual delivery prices from the https://www.ihaveit.io/collection page, under the shopping cart icon.
- An item I purchased did not arrive, how do I resolve this?
At time of sale, both the buyer and seller are introduced to each other via a email and via the iHaveit Notifications function. If an item is not received the buyer needs to directly contact the seller to coordinate the delivery resolution.
You can check your iHaveit Notifications and emails sent to you regarding the sales regarding how to contact the Seller to resolve any delivery issues.
- An item I purchased is not in the condition shown and sold on iHaveit, how do I resolve this?
At time of sale both the Buyer and Seller are introduced to each other via a email and via the iHaveit Notifications function. If a item does not meet the expected sale conditions the buyer needs to contact the seller directly to coordinate resolution.
- How do I get a refund for a purchase if the sale goods do not arrive or does not meet my needs?
iHaveit is not involved in the sale process, we are solely are platform enabling buyers and sellers to trade together. If you have issues post sale you need to communicate directly with the seller to resolve any issues,
- Who pays for the delivery for the sale?
How to deliver and costs of delivery of items is agreed between the Buyer and Seller, iHaveit is not involved in the delivery process. The Buyer and Seller need to ensure they agree this as part of the sale process.
- Can I sell Bootleg items on iHaveit
No, iHaveit will enable you to add Bootleg items to your collection, but iHaveit does not support the sale of bootleg or counterfeit items. The bootleg items will show in your collection, but iHaveit does not enable such items to be sold on the iHaveit platform.
- My item is not available to purchase, there is none available. How do I create a wishlist so I am told when my item becomes available?
Within iHaveit, when you push the Orange 'I Want It' button from the different pages if the item is available for sale it takes you to the pricing and option to buy, if the item is not available to buy iHaveit automatically places your interest in your 'I'm Buying' view. When a user offers the item for sale you will immediately receive notification that you can buy it if still interested.
iHaveit Features and Functions - 'How Do I'
- I pressed the Sell It button and nothing happened.
After you pushed the sell it button the item will show in your I’m Selling circle and will automatically be available for sale if you have added your profile and payment details, these are needed so buyers can contact you and pay you once they purchase your item.
If you have pushed the Sell It Button and it does not show it in I’m Selling circle please add your bank details. It will then show as available for sale, and will also automatically be available for others to search and buy.
- How can I change my iHaveit Password
Go to the 'My Profile' section of your Account and select the 'Change Password'
- How can I change my bank payment details
Go to your Payments Details page, and edit your details.
- How can I check my sales order history?
Go to your Order History page
- The image artwork in my collection is not the same as the item I own, how do I change the image artwork for my collection? Select the item in your collection, at the bottom left corner of the image is a edit icon . press the icon, select your new image artwork, and save. this will change the artwork.
- How do I update the country details of a item I added to iHaveit. To correct inventory details in your collection, for example you have listed the right record but have listed the wrong country, simply delete the old inventory item in My Collection, and reload. The delete function will remove the old inventory totally.
- Can I delete all of my collection so I can import a new file with latest updates?
Yes, simply go to the 'Flush Account' in your Profile and Flush your collection.
Note this will delete all your collection so be sure you want to Flush the account. The Flush must be completed totally before new items or updates are made, for this reason the iHaveit screen will have a hold timer window until the Flush is totally completed.
- How do I delete a item from my collection?
Go into your My Collection page and push the delete icon on your selectioned item. You can search key words from your collection to quickly find the item, such as search artist name, catalogue number, album name etc and push the delete icon.
- I signed up for iHaveit but it will not let me log in
When you register for iHaveit by email a verification email is sent to you. Once you click on the verification email your account can be used. You can then go to the log on screen www.ihaveit.io and sign in
Check your Spam mail box if you did not receive a email, and if this still fails then please email email@example.com who will assist you.
Additionally, if you have changed your email address in your profile this will also change your log in userid. Check you have not changed your login email address.
- How to load items for sale on the iHaveit Facebook group to the 18,500+ users https://www.facebook.com/groups/662511110614552/
- How do I import my existing file from Discogs, a CSV, a xls or other file?
Simply click on the Import My Existing Collection button, on the bottom right of the iHaveit home page.
- My xls inventory file will not load, how do I fix this?
There are specific headers you need to add to your xls file for iHaveit to automatically understand the file. Here is the user guide to show the Row 1 headers we support, and here is a example xls file. Review Row 1 to show you an example of the headers aligned to the userguide. (you can use any of the header titles shown in the userguide).
- Once your headers are added to the xls file simply click on the Import My Existing Collection button, on the bottom right of the iHaveit home page.
- How do I check the financial value of my record or CD?
This video shows how to check the suggested value or sell price range or an item
- What are the differences between iHaveit and Discogs, why should I use iHaveit if I am already using Discogs.
To understand the key differences Click here
If the above frequently asked questions does not answer your requirements please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org